Ume Ochazuke Recipe
Ume ochazuke (rice soup with Japanese pickled plums)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 people
- Category: Side
- Cuisine: Japanese, Rice
- 1/2 cup Japanese rice
- 3/4 cup hot green tea
- nori (cut into thin strips or shredded)
- 1-2 umeboshi (Japanese pickled plum)
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons shungiku (Japanese herbs) or cilantro (chopped)
- Put rice in a bowl and pour enough green tea to cover 3/4 of the rice.
- Add toppings and serve immediately.