Ochazuke – お茶漬け
Ochazuke is an iconic Japanese rice and green tea recipe. Make it at home in a flash!
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 1 person 1x
- Category: Rice
- Cuisine: Japanese
- 3/4 cup cooked, warm Japanese rice
- 1 cup hot green tea
- 1/4 pound salmon fillet, or 1 Japanese pickled plum (umeboshi)
- 2 teaspoons shredded nori seaweed
- 1 teaspoon bubu arare (baked rice cracker balls) or crumbled Japanese rice crackers
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons shungiku, mitsuba, or cilantro, chopped
- wasabi (optional)
- Soy sauce (optional)
- Sprinkle salt on both sides of the salmon filet and transfer to a cooking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Turn the oven to broil and move the oven rack to the highest position. Broil the salmon for 10-12 minutes, until cooked through. Use a fork or chopsticks to break the salmon into small flakes.
- Put the rice in a bowl and pour enough green tea to cover 3/4 of the rice.
- Add all the toppings and serve immediately.
Keywords: recipe, porridge, rice soup, side dish, after meal