Spiced Cream of Broccoli Soup Recipe
Soups are healthy and so easy to make! Even easier are soup purees like this spiced cream of broccoli soup. So much can be done with a simple hand blender (or regular blender), I’ve created many big pots of healthy vegetable soups this way that lasts me the whole week. Excellent for diets!Print
Spiced Cream of Broccoli Soup
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2 people 1x
- Category: Soup
- 2 cups broccoli (finely chopped)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 onion ( finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 4 leaves basil leaves (shredded)
- In a pot over medium heat, add olive oil and onions. Cook for5 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add broccoli and cayenne pepper and cook for 3 minutes. Add stock and a little water so there is enough liquid to cover the vegetables.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer on low for 30 minutes. Transfer soup to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return soup to pot and stir in milk.
- Season with salt & pepper and top with basil. Serve.
- Calories: 219
- Saturated Fat: 2