Chilled Pea and Leek Soup
Low fat and refreshing, this soup is the perfect accompaniment to an outdoor summer barbecue dinner. This is a very easy recipe made with frozen peas and blended until smooth. A bright green colored soup that’s healthy and light, that also pairs well with pasta or other light summer dishes like quiche and spinach salad.Print
Chilled pea and leek soup
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 people 1x
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Easy, Healthy
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 stalk leek (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup frozen peas (thawed)
- 1 cup milk
- In a pot over medium heat, add olive oil. Add onions, leek, cumin and cook until onions have caramelized (about 7-8 minutes). Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add peas and simmer for 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return soup to the pot and stir in milk. Transfer the soup to a tupperware container, seal and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- The soup is ready to serve when it’s cold.
- Calories: 348
- Saturated Fat: 7