This is one yummy carrot ginger soup!
Very easy to make too! I make this carrot ginger soup on a regular basis to get my fill of beta-carotene. I’m once again using a hand blender for this soup so I don’t have to worry about cutting my veggies the same size to make the dish look pretty. Instead, everything will get pureed in the end and the soup will have a smooth and velvety texture. The flavors of this carrot soup are sweet and savory with a kick of heat from the ginger. There’s good depth of flavor despite the fact that very few ingredients are used to season it. We’re letting the natural flavors of the ingredients shine. A handful of fresh parsley is added near the end of the cooking process to add freshness and color.
I’ll sometimes double the recipe so I can have plenty of leftovers for the rest of the week. I use small tupperware containers (one serving size) that I then zap in the microwave and eat for lunch or dinner. It’s very useful doing this if you have a busy life but still want to eat healthy meals that are home cooked.
This carrot ginger soup is also perfect to serve for dinner when you have company over. Make your entire dinner healthy by following this carrot ginger soup with a simple salad and a tender piece of fish. Dessert can also be tasty and healthy, like this grapefruit jelly or these really yummy and refreshing fruit sorbets!
Or substitute the carrots for another vegetable to create a brand new soup!
The options are endless! Use the base of this carrot ginger soup to make cauliflower, broccoli, or squash soup. Have fun with it!Print
Carrot ginger soup
A delicious and creamy (yet cream-free!) carrot ginger soup recipe packed with vitamins.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Soup
- 8 medium carrots (roughly chopped)
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons ginger (peeled and finely chopped)
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a medium size pot over medium high heat, add olive oil, garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add onions and saute for 5 minutes (until onions are translucent).
- Add carrots and cook for 3 minutes. Add enough broth so that all vegetables are submerged, stir well and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes (until carrots are soft).
- Add chopped parsley, stir well and turn the heat off.
- Use and immersion blender (or regular blender) and blend until smooth. Adjust the consistency by adding more broth if the soup is too thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Calories: 165
- Saturated Fat: 1