Carrot and Sweet Potato Soup
After reading and writing about the anti-aging benefits of sweet potatoes, I decided to make a conscious effort to include them more frequently into my diet despite the fact that I don’t particularly like their taste. I find sweet potatoes to be.. well.. too sweet. I prefer savory for dinner, saving sweet for dessert. So creating recipes with an ingredient like sweet potatoes that I don’t use very often was initially daunting. But I quickly realized I could a lot with these sweet tubers and have since come up with a few sweet potato recipes that are healthy and very easy to prepare. I’ve even created a spicy sweet potato salad I love so much, I make almost every week and eat it as a mid afternoon snack! This simple sweet potato carrot soup is creamy, comforting and very satisfying.
Sweet potato carrot soup
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Vegan
- 1 pound carrots (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 1 medium sweet potato (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 1 medium onion (roughly chopped)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium size pot over high heat, add olive oil, garlic and onions. Cook for a few minutes until onions are clear (translucent). Add chopped carrots and sweet potatoes and cook for 2 minutes. Add vegetable broth, bring to boil, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and puree the vegetables until smooth, using a blender or food processor. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
- Calories: 163
- Saturated Fat: 1