Valencian Salad Recipe
I love the combination of black olives and oranges, the flavors blend so well and are so satisfying. This colorful salad is light, sweet and acidic, and pairs extremely well with shrimps and other seafoods. It’s the perfect salad to celebrate the end of the summer with a cold glass of iced tea and great friends.
This Valencian salad makes the perfect healthy side to lighten up a heftier main!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Vegan
- 1 bag pre-washed mixed greens
- 4 tablespoons jarred roasted red peppers, patted dry and sliced
- 2 oranges (peeled and segmented)
- 12 kalamata olives (pitted and sliced in half)
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk all the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl and set aside.
- Put the lettuce in a large bowl and slowly pour a little dressing along the side of the bowl (check ‘how and when to dress a salad’). Gently toss the lettuce and give it a taste. Keep dressing the lettuce until you are satisfied with the taste.
- Arrange the lettuce in 4 separate plates and layer it with the orange segments, black olives and roasted pepper. Sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper on top and serve immediately.
- Calories: 541
- Saturated Fat: 3