Valencian Salad Recipe
This Valencian salad makes the perfect healthy side to lighten up a heftier main!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Vegan
- 1 bag pre-washed mixed greens
- 4 tablespoons jarred roasted red peppers, patted dry and sliced
- 2 oranges (peeled and segmented)
- 12 kalamata olives (pitted and sliced in half)
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk all the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl and set aside.
- Put the lettuce in a large bowl and slowly pour a little dressing along the side of the bowl (check ‘how and when to dress a salad’). Gently toss the lettuce and give it a taste. Keep dressing the lettuce until you are satisfied with the taste.
- Arrange the lettuce in 4 separate plates and layer it with the orange segments, black olives and roasted pepper. Sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper on top and serve immediately.
- Calories: 541
- Saturated Fat: 3