Lemon Ginger Marinated Salmon
Salmon with lemon and ginger marinade
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Fish
- 1 pound boneless, skinless salmon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 thumb size ginger (peeled and finely chopped)
- juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- handful flat leaf parsley (roughly chopped)
- In a bowl mix the olive oil, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, dijon, salt and pepper. Stir a few times to melt the salt and blend the dijon. Pour the mixture in a ziplock bag or tupperware, and add the salmon. Close the tupperware (or seal the bag) and shake a few times to coat the salmon (work the marinade around with your hands if it’s in a ziplock bag). Put in the fridge and marinate up to 10 hours (or at least 2 hours).
- The rest is up to you, you can grill or pan fry your fish. If you are cooking your fish in a pan, do it on medium/high heat and keep an eye on the ginger and garlic as they will burn if cooked for too long.
- This recipe won’t give you crispy skin even if you begin cooking the salmon in a really hot pan, so discard of the skin once done eating. Cook the fish 3-4 minutes on each side. Sprinkle with fresh parsley, season with salt and pepper and serve (a spinach salad pairs really well this dish).
- Calories: 526
- Saturated Fat: 4