Mentaiko Oroshi (spicy cod roe with grated daikon)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 people 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Japanese, Seafood
- 1 piece Mentaiko (cut 1/2 or 1/3 (depending on size. About a thumb size per serving))
- 4 inch daikon (peeled and grated)
- dash soy sauce
- 1 shiso leaf (thinly sliced)
- 1 stalks scallion (finely chopped)
- Put grated daikon in the palm of your hand and drain half of the excess water. The grated daikon should still be moist but not dripping.
Serving mentaiko oroshi:
- Start by putting scallions at the bottom of each bowl, then top with daikon and mentaiko. Drizzle a little soy (not much since mentaiko is very salty and strong in flavor) and sprinkle shredded shiso leaves on top.
- Calories: 353
- Saturated Fat: 1