Hearty Tuscan Soup – fire roasted tomatoes make this soup a little smoky and sweet. And it only takes 10 minutes to prep!
Hearty Tuscan Soup Recipe
Canned fire roasted tomatoes – what a great invention! I have fallen in L-O-V-E with the charred flavor of these tomatoes – they add character to soups, stews and sauces and look so beautiful!
One of my favorite dishes of all time is soup. I can have soup in the morning, as a snack, for dinner, hot, cold, pureed, chunky, etc.. This week I was craving something a little Italian with lots of colorful veggies, so I made myself a hearty Tuscan soup with carrots, zucchini, onions, tomatoes, pasta and beans. It was just what I needed – the soup was hearty, tasty and healthy!
One pot recipes are about the most convenient and time saving dishes you can make. They can also be just as nutritious and yummy as something that requires a lot of effort in the kitchen. This hearty Tuscan soup may only take 10 minutes to prep but looks like an Italian grandma helped me make it! It’s also a great way to use your leftovers since you can stir in anything from veggies, meats – even seafood.
Garlic, thyme and vegetable broth make the base for this hearty Tuscan soup. It’s what gives it that familiar, homely taste that can restore a tired body and mind. A big bowl of it is filling enough to have as a main for dinner, while a small bowl is perfect for a late night snack!
Other quick, easy and delicious noodle recipes:
- Easy roasted chicken pho
- Bihon pancit
- Kimchi udon
- Lemon chicken orzo soup
- Wakame and vermicelli soup
Did you like this Hearty Tuscan Soup Recipe? Are there changes you made that you would like to share? Share your tips and recommendations in the comment section below!
These recipes constantly make “best dish” lists on sites such as Country Living, Self, Shape, Bon Appetit, The Cooking Channel, Men’s Fitness and Woman’s Day. They are favorites among my readers, friends and family!
Simple and easy dishes made healthier, with calories and fat content provided. Tried and tested by my readers and loved by everyone!
Hearty Tuscan Soup Recipe
Hearty Tuscan Soup – charred tomatoes make this soup a little smoky and sweet. And it only tastes 10 minutes to prep!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Soups
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Italian
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 15 ounces cannellini beans (drained)
- 15 ounces can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup dry elbow macaroni
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 carrot (roughly chopped)
- 1 zucchini (roughly chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon thyme (chopped)
- 1 cup spinach (roughly chopped)
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a large pot over high heat, add olive oil, garlic, thyme and onions and cook for 3-4 minutes, until onions are translucent.
- Add all other ingredients – except the macaroni – and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add macaroni, bring the soup back up to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve hot and topped with a little freshly grated parmesan cheese.
This Hearty Tuscan Soup Recipe Is:
Very high in vitamin A
High in vitamin C
Keywords: recipe, appetizer, vegetarian, vegan