93% humidity. That’s what my phone says today and I can certainly feel it in the air and in my hair. I am blessed with the worst curls and frizziest head of hair whenever it gets hot and humid outside. Our AC hasn’t been installed yet so the thought of spending lots of time in the kitchen is not something I want to do.
No thank you!
So today I am making a quick lemon fettuccine with freshly grated parmesan cheese which takes less than 20 minutes to make from start to finish.
There are less than 10 ingredients for this lemon fettuccine recipe and only a little chopping is required. I am using two lemons but I suggest starting with one and increasing the amount of lemon juice as you go.
Two lemons will give the pasta a very tart taste and some might find it overwhelming. Start with the juice and zest of one lemon, add some good quality parmesan cheese, and season well with salt and pepper.
Do a taste test and adjust accordingly.
The key here is to find the perfect balance between tart, umami and salty. Once you do you will get addicted to this lemon fettuccine!
The pretty pink bits of color are from a red onion. The sweetness of the onion tames the acidity level of the pasta and adds such a lovely pop of color!
Finish this lemon fettuccine with some fresh flat leaf parsley and voila – dinner is ready! I’m always amazed at how much better and flavorful a dish can become with just a sprinkle of herbs. Simply delicious! This lemon fettuccine recipe makes enough for 4-6 people.
Other quick and easy recipes that are filling and satisfying and don’t require more than 30 minutes in the kitchen: One pot quinoa enchilada, baked chicken parmesan miso rolls, shrimp ankake donburi, teriyaki veggie pork rolls.Print
Lemon and Parmesan Fettuccine
This is a bright and summery lemon fettuccine topped with plenty of freshly grated parmesan cheese. With less than 10 ingredients and very little prep required, this is a must to add to your weekly meal rotation!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 people 1x
- Category: Noodles
- Cuisine: Italian
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- juice and zest of 1 or 2 lemons (1 for mildly tart, 2 for very tart and lemony)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese or pecorino romano cheese
- 1 pound dry fettuccine noodles
- 1 Thai chili, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water with salt to boil.
- In a large pan over medium high heat, add extra virgin olive oil, garlic and onion. Cook for 3 minutes, until the onion is translucent.
- Add lemon zest and juice, cook for 1 minute and turn the heat off. Add butter and stir until completely melted. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cook fettuccine noodles, strain and add to the pan.
- Toss and coat evenly with the lemon sauce. Add parmesan cheese and toss once more.
- Serve immediately topped with Thai chili and freshly chopped Italian parsley.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 432
- Sugar: 3.4 g
- Sodium: 164.4 mg
- Fat: 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 60.1 g
- Fiber: 2.8 g
- Protein: 12.8 g
- Cholesterol: 20.1 mg
Keywords: pasta, main