Lemon Fettuccine with Pecorino Romano
This is a bright and summery lemon fettuccine with pecorino romano cheese. With less than 10 ingredients and very little prep required, this is a very easy pasta recipe!
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 people 1x
- Category: Noodles
- Cuisine: Italian
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 medium red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 red Thai chili (finely chopped (optional))
- juice and zest of 1 or 2 lemons (1 for mildly tart, 2 for very tart and lemony!)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 cup freshly grated pecorino romano cheese
- 1 pound dry fettuccine noodles
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water with salt to boil.
- In a large pan over medium high heat, add extra virgin olive oil, garlic, Thai chili and onions. Cook for 3 minutes, until the onions are translucent.
- Add lemon zest and juice, cook for 1 minute and turn the heat off. Add butter and stir until completely melted. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cook fettuccine noodles, strain and add to the pan.
- Toss and coat evenly with the lemon sauce. Add pecorino romano and toss once more.
- Serve immediately topped with fresh parsley.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 432
- Sugar: 3.4 g
- Sodium: 164.4 mg
- Fat: 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 60.1 g
- Fiber: 2.8 g
- Protein: 12.8 g
- Cholesterol: 20.1 mg
Keywords: recipe, pasta, main