Green Tea Shot – Here’s How To Make It
*This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclaimer here.
Similar to a kamikaze but brighter and more refreshing, this green tea shot is sure to impress your guests at your next dinner party!
Let’s be honest – there’s nothing fancy about a green tea shot.
A mixologist in New York City might scoff at the idea of serving something so simple but hey, so what, I love this happy green drink anyway!
The first time I had a green tea shot it reminded me of a kamikaze because of its yellowish green color and fruity flavor. But while the kamikaze has a strong vodka taste, the green tea shot is much more mellow in the sense that it tastes more like a summer cocktail than a shot.
The recipe is very simple and you only need a few tools to make it.
What is a Green Tea Shot?
A green tea shot is a whisky based cocktail made with four ingredients:
- Jameson Irish Whiskey
- Sour mix
- Peach Schnapps
- Lemonade or Sprite
The flavor is sweet and quite peachy so I don’t recommend this drink to anyone who isn’t a fan of peach schnapps since you can definitely taste the schnapps! Also, go ahead and use another whiskey if you don’t happen to have a bottle of Jameson at home. It’s not like you will be drinking it neat or on the rocks so the slight nuances won’t make much of a difference.
Do I need Green Tea to Make this Drink?
No because there is no actual green tea in a green tea shot.
The cocktail gets its name from its greenish yellow that is similar to a good old cup of green tea. So for those of you who thought you were going to get a boost of antioxidants with your libation, sorry to disappoint you.
A green tea shot won’t help you live longer but at least it’s a lot of fun to drink!
Ingredients for Green Tea Shot
- Jameson Irish Whiskey: As previously mentioned, you can use other brands of whiskey for this recipe. The only reason why Jameson whiskey is the recommended brand is because it was invented by the Jameson whiskey company.
- Sour mix: Sour mix is a cocktail mix made of equal parts lemon and lime juice with some simple syrup that’s been mixed and shaken with ice cubes. You can buy it at the liquor store and in some grocery stores.
- Peach Schnapps: Also often used as a cocktail mix, Peach Schnapps is a grain spirit that’s been flavored with sugar and fruit.
- Lemonade or Sprite: I personally prefer using sugar-free lemonade for this drink as I’m a big fan of sour drinks. If you prefer sweet, use sweetened lemonade or Sprite for a little fizz.
How to make a green tea shot
To make a green tea shot you will need the ingredients listed above, a shaker and some ice cubes.
- Put equal amounts of whiskey, peach schnapps and sour mix into a shaker.
- Fill the shaker with ice, put the lid on and give it a vigorous shake.
- Pour the drink into shot glasses and top with a little lemonade or Sprite.
And there you have it – a green tea shot that’s both sweet and refreshing!
And since many people have asked me where I got these cute little shot glasses, you can find them here on Amazon.
Green Tea Shot as a Cocktail
If you don’t enjoy doing shots but like the taste of green tea shots, how about making it into a cocktail!
You can easily turn this green tea shot into a green tea martini. All you need to do is to shake the ingredients for a bit longer to let the ice cubes melt and top with extra Sprite of lemonade. You don’t need to add more alcohol to it since there is already plenty in there.
The taste will be diluted but easier to sip on than a concentrated shot.
Other yummy and fruity cocktails:
Did you like this Green Tea Shot Recipe? Are there changes you made that you would like to share?Print
Green Tea Shot
No green tea is actually being used in these fruity shots! The color is what gives it its name.
- Prep Time: 1 minutes
- Total Time: 1 minutes
- Yield: 1 shot 1x
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Shaking
- Cuisine: American
- 0.5 ounce Jameson Irish Whiskey
- 0.5 ounce peach schnapps
- 0.5 ounce Sour mix
- splash Sprite or lemonade
- Fill shaker with a few ice cubes.
- Add whiskey, peach schnapps and sour mix. Close and shake vigorously for 5-7 seconds.
- Pour mixture into a shot glass and top with a little Sprite or lemonade. Serve.
Buy these shot glasses on Amazon
The colder these green tea shots, the better they will taste!
Keywords: recipe, cocktail, alcohol, dinner party, celebration
Pickled Plum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.