One of the best things about a Christmas feast is seeing a table filled with a vast selection of different foods. They say we eat with our eyes – and it’s a wonderful thing to see a ton of appetizers and sides before everyone digs in. There’s so much promise in a well stocked dinner table!
For years now, I’ve actually noticed that my FAVORITE things on the holiday dinner table are the side dishes. I mean, there’s a reason I happily eat plates loaded with stuffing and mashed potatoes for days following Thanksgiving.
Well, the same applies to Christmas vegetable dishes, appetizers and sides. Not only will these meat-free sides be a hit at the dinner table, they’ll be vegetarian leftovers you’re happy to see in the fridge the days following the big get-together. Worried there won’t be enough for leftovers? Better make extra!
Click the pictures or links below to find the recipes. Enjoy!
Vegetarian Christmas Appetizers & Sides
- Vegan stuffing
- 15-minute three bean salad
- Tarter than sweet cranberry relish
- Chickpea, turnip and lemon soup
- Green beans almondine
- Pickled cucumber and onion salad
- Oven baked za’atar fries
- Oven roasted Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes
- Japanese mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy
- Sauteed Brussels sprout with breadcrumbs and almonds
- Gluten free cranberry cornbread
- Healthy red potato salad
- Split pea soup
- Vegan butternut squash soup
- Sauteed onions and mushrooms
- Healthier Hawaiian macaroni salad
- Cheesy baked acorn squash with kale and mushroom sauce
Like any of these recipes?
Leave a comment below or share a picture on Instagram with the #misspickledplum tag!