This is an easy tofu chocolate mousse recipe that’s silky and sweet enough to make you come back for more!
I’m a chocolate addict.
I love it so much that I have to keep track of how much I eat otherwise I would end up with health issues!
So what I like to do is to find healthier ways to eat chocolate. It helps me keep the pounds off while and it means I can enjoy it on an almost daily basis.
This tofu chocolate mousse is a perfect example of yummy chocolate that’s better than a tub of ice cream. It’s rich with and mildly sweet like a chocolate pudding, enhanced by a sprinkle of powdered cinnamon.
It’s strangely addictive and you won’t believe how easy it is to make!
10 minutes is all you need to make this chocolate tofu mousse.
And with only seven ingredients and little prep time, it’s extremely convenient for those looking for a quick chocolate fix. Let’s cook!
Ingredients for Tofu Chocolate Mousse
- Tofu. Silken for its soft and smooth texture, to make the mousse velvety.
- Chocolate. You can choose dark or milk chocolate, I’ll leave that up to you.
- Sugar. About 2 tablespoons to enhance the sweetness of the chocolate.
- Honey. 1 tablespoon to enhance the sweetness of the chocolate.
- Cayenne pepper. To add a little heat to the mousse. I love the combination of chocolate and chilis!
- Whipped cream. To make it more decadent but totally optional.
- Cinnamon powder. The sweet aroma of cinnamon in puddings is unbeatable. A sprinkle of it should be plenty.
Other topping ideas
You can top this tofu chocolate mousse with chopped pecans or walnuts, fresh strawberries, bananas, or a drizzle of caramel.
How to Make Tofu Chocolate Mousse
- Blend the tofu.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pot of simmering water.
- Fold the chocolate in the blended tofu and add sugar and honey.
- Pour the mixture into cups and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Top with ingredients of your choice and serve.
Health Benefits of Tofu
This is a great way to incorporate tofu into your diet if you aren’t too fond of the taste but want the health benefits. It’s a powerful anti-aging food (fights off free radicals) that also strengthens bones and lowers bad cholesterol.
And for those suffering from menopause symptoms, tofu is known to greatly help in reducing them. In fact, most Japanese women will go through the menopausal stage feeling little change.
If you don’t really care about the health benefits of this recipe then just enjoy it for the taste, you’re going to love it!
Other yummy tofu recipes:
Did you like this Tofu Chocolate Mousse Recipe? Are there changes you made that you would like to share? Share your tips and recommendations in the comments section below!Print
Tofu chocolate mousse
A light and silky tofu chocolate mousse recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 cups 1x
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: Japanese
- 15 ounce silken tofu (drained and wrapped in paper towel)
- 43 grams dark or milk chocolate
- 2 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup whipped cream (optional)
- powdered cinnamon (for sprinkling)
- Put tofu in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Fill a pot with water and bring to a slight boil. Put a mixing bowl on top and lower heat to a simmer.
- Break the chocolate into the bowl and with a mixing spatula, stir until chocolate has completely melted.
- Turn off the heat and add chocolate to the tofu and blend until smooth.
- Add honey, sugar and cayenne pepper and blend well.
- Divide the mixture among 4 small cups or bowls and top with a little whipped cream. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, sprinkle generously with powdered cinnamon.
Keywords: snack, sweets