This is a deliciously creamy Thai red duck curry recipe that will take you back to your last trip to Bangkok!
Thai Red Curry with Duck Recipe
Last week, the good people at Maple Leaf Farms in Indiana sent me a shipment of duck products to enjoy, after reading an article I’d written in Huffpost Taste ‘my first time.. a duck confit story‘. Expecting nothing in return but a smile on my face, I wanted to thank them by creating some easy and delicious duck recipes.
I’d never cooked duck before and was frankly nervous at the thought of serving something that could have the texture of rubber. But theirs came with specific instructions to follow and I’m happy to report that cooking duck was a lot easier than I thought. The meat came out extremely tender and juicy every time I cooked it, resulting in many terrific dinners like this Thai red curry with duck!
This quick dinner recipe is a great way to use duck; the gaminess complements this Thai red curry to a tee! There’s nothing quite like walking into a Thai kitchen and smelling the wonderful flavors that only Thai food (like this ground chicken with lime and cilantro) can deliver. Cooked in a creamy coconut red curry sauce infused with chunks of sweet pineapples, tomatoes, fish sauce and green beans, this Thai red curry with duck promises to do just that. It’s a simple and easy curry recipe you’ll love making for family and friends who wish to sample the multilayered notes of South East Asian cuisine.
Thai Red Curry with Duck
Creamy with pineapple chunks and plenty of veggies, this Thai red curry tastes authentic and mixes sweet and savory in perfect harmony.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Curry
- Cuisine: Thai
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (finely chopped)
- 14 oz duck breast ((or chicken))
- 2 cups green beans (cut in half)
- 1 cup basil (roughly chopped)
- 1 small tomato (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup sliced canned pineapples
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Preaheat oven to 350 Fº. Put the breast on a cooking tray covered with foil, season with salt and pepper, and roast for 10 minutes. Take the breast out of the oven and let cool. Remove skin from the duck and cut into bite size. Set aside.
- In a medium size pot over medium/high heat, add oil, ginger and garlic. Cook for a minute, add red curry paste, stir and cook for another minute.
- Slowly add coconut milk (while stirring), fish sauce, sugar and tomatoes, and stir well. Add green beans, duck and pineapples, and cook on low (simmer) for 10 minutes.
- Add basil, turn off the heat and serve with rice.
My favorite ingredients:
- Calories: 489
- Saturated Fat: 20
Oh, this is LOVELY! This looks like something I must try. The recipe is great and I loved the picture!!
Looks delicious, Caroline. Enjoy your duck cooking adventure!