This is a deliciously creamy Thai red duck curry recipe that will take you back to your last trip to Bangkok!
Thai Red Curry with Duck Recipe
Thai Red Curry with Duck
Creamy with pineapple chunks and plenty of veggies, this Thai red curry tastes authentic and mixes sweet and savory in perfect harmony.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Curry
- Cuisine: Thai
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (finely chopped)
- 14 oz duck breast ((or chicken))
- 2 cups green beans (cut in half)
- 1 cup basil (roughly chopped)
- 1 small tomato (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup sliced canned pineapples
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Preaheat oven to 350 Fº. Put the breast on a cooking tray covered with foil, season with salt and pepper, and roast for 10 minutes. Take the breast out of the oven and let cool. Remove skin from the duck and cut into bite size. Set aside.
- In a medium size pot over medium/high heat, add oil, ginger and garlic. Cook for a minute, add red curry paste, stir and cook for another minute.
- Slowly add coconut milk (while stirring), fish sauce, sugar and tomatoes, and stir well. Add green beans, duck and pineapples, and cook on low (simmer) for 10 minutes.
- Add basil, turn off the heat and serve with rice.
My favorite ingredients:
- Calories: 489
- Saturated Fat: 20