Thai Ground Chicken with Lime and Cilantro
Thai ground chicken with lime and cilantro
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Thai, Poultry
- 1 thumb size ginger (peeled and minced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 stalks scallions (finely chopped)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- handful cilantro (chopped)
- 2 limes (cut into wedges)
- In a medium size pan, heat the oil and add garlic, ginger and onions. Cook until onions are clear (about 4 minutes).
- Add ground chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes, until chicken is halfway cooked. Add sugar, fish sauce, water, soy sauce and sriracha, stir and continue cooking until chicken is cooked through.
- Turn the heat off and add the scallions and cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges and a side of rice.
Squeezing a little lime helps cut through the saltiness and adds a refreshing pop to the Thai ground chicken.
- Calories: 639
- Saturated Fat: 8