Thai Ground Chicken with Lime and Cilantro
This Thai ground chicken recipe is quite exceptional; it reminds me of my days living in Bangkok in 100 degree weather, strolling through markets and food stalls, excited to try new flavors and ingredients. Thai cuisine can be very simple, as this chicken recipe shows. This Thai ground chicken dish tastes as close to authentic Thai food as you can cook in your kitchen. It’s strong, salty, fresh and clean. An absolute must try.Print
Thai ground chicken with lime and cilantro
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Thai, Poultry
- 1 thumb size ginger (peeled and minced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 stalks scallions (finely chopped)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- handful cilantro (chopped)
- 2 limes (cut into wedges)
- In a medium size pan, heat the oil and add garlic, ginger and onions. Cook until onions are clear (about 4 minutes).
- Add ground chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes, until chicken is halfway cooked. Add sugar, fish sauce, water, soy sauce and sriracha, stir and continue cooking until chicken is cooked through.
- Turn the heat off and add the scallions and cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges and a side of rice.
Squeezing a little lime helps cut through the saltiness and adds a refreshing pop to the Thai ground chicken.
- Calories: 639
- Saturated Fat: 8