This honey mustard salmon recipe is a weeknight lifesaver. It’s quick and simple to make and will please both kids and adults. So if you’re looking for an easy, delicious, and stress-free weeknight meal, look no further than this honey mustard salmon. Trust me, it’ll become a weeknight staple in no time! Thank you Reynolds Wrap® Foil for sponsoring this post!
If you’re anything like me, your weeknights are jam-packed with activities. Between work, paying bills, and trying to fit in some sort of social life, there’s hardly any time left for anything else. That’s why I’m always on the lookout for flavorful recipes that are not only easy to make, but that I also look forward to eating.
Salmon is a great option for an easy weeknight meal. It cooks quickly and is packed with protein and healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Plus, it’s versatile and goes well with a variety of flavors. In this dish, the salmon is coated in a sweet and tangy honey mustard sauce and seasoned with a little cumin powder for earthiness and warmth.
For this recipe, I am partnering with Reynolds Wrap®, who is celebrating their 75th anniversary this year, making it a true testament to their product quality. It is my go-to trusted brand in the kitchen because of their high quality foil. This is the fourth year I am working with them and creating recipes for Reynolds has been such a pleasure!
Honey Mustard Salmon Ingredients
- Salmon: I’m using skinless, boneless salmon fillets but feel free to use any cut of salmon you like. You can also use other firm fish such as arctic char or tuna.
- Honey: I’m using raw organic honey because it’s my favorite type of honey. Use whatever type of honey you like as it is the prominent flavor of the dish.
- Mustard: You can use grain mustard which has a mild and acidic taste, or go with something spicier, more intense, like brown mustard.
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice adds a tart and acidic flavor to this dish. It helps balance out the sweetness of the honey, and adds a refreshing element.
- Cumin powder: Cumin powder is a spice that has a warm and earthy flavor. It’s the perfect addition to this honey mustard sauce as gives it an extra boost of flavor.
- Cilantro: Cilantro is not only delicious, but it’s also good for you! This fragrant herb is a great source of vitamins A, C, and K. Additionally, cilantro has been shown to have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. So go ahead and add a little extra to your dish – your body will thank you!
- Salt and pepper: A little salt and pepper to balance the flavors.
- Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Foil: I am using Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Foil for its tough and durable material. It’s perfect for cooking heavier foods as I don’t have to worry about ripping or tearing.
How To Make Honey Mustard Salmon
Scroll all the way down to the recipe card for the full recipe.
- Gather all of your cooking ingredients and kitchen tools.
- Start by preheating the oven to 375ºF.
- Prep your salmon by deboning it and removing the skin, if necessary, and slice it into six equal pieces.
- Cover a baking dish with Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Foil, spray a little cooking spray on top, and add the salmon to it.
- Make the honey mustard sauce by mixing all of the ingredients in a bowl and pour the sauce over the salmon pieces.
- Roast the salmon in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes and serve it with cilantro on top.
What To Serve with Honey Mustard Salmon
This salmon recipe is on the sweeter side and has a touch of tanginess and warmth. You will have quite a bit of sauce left, sitting in your baking dish, so I recommend serving this salmon with a side of rice so the grains can absorb these lovely flavors.
As for sides such as veggies and salads, going with light dishes that are bright and not too sweet will nicely round out your dinner meal. Some of my favorites are:
Did you try this honey mustard salmon recipe? Are there changes you made that you would like to share? Share your tips and recommendations in the comments section below!Print
Honey Mustard Salmon
This tender honey mustard salmon is coated in a sweet and tangy sauce and seasoned with a little cumin powder. It’s absolutely delicious!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 5 to 6 people 1x
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 1/4 pound to 1 1/2 pound boneless, skinless salmon fillets
- Reynolds Wrap® Non-Stick Foil
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
Honey mustard sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons grain mustard or grain brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/8 teaspoon to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Slice the salmon filet into 6 pieces.
- Cover a baking dish with Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Foil, including the edges.
- Spray cooking spray on the foil and add the salmon fillet, one next another in one layer.
- Mix all the ingredients for the honey mustard sauce in a bowl and pour the sauce over the salmon.
- Roast in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until the sauce is bubbling.
- Take the salmon out of the oven and top with chopped cilantro. Serve.
Store the leftover salmon in an airtight container (or even a piece of Reynolds
Wrap® Heavy Duty Foil)and refrigerate for up to 2 days.