This is a quick and delicious recipe for a London broil tofu marinade. The tangy and sweet marinade with fresh chopped rosemary gives tofu a western flair!
A western tofu recipe you will love! This is an easy tofu with London broil marinade that only takes 12 minutes to make and half an hour to marinate. A mix of Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, honey, black pepper and rosemary makes this a fragrant dish taste like you’ve just cooked tofu on a barbecue!
I used half of the London broil marinade to marinate the tofu and saved the other half as a sauce to add an extra coat of flavor to the tofu cubes.
It’s scrumptious and I guaranteed you’ve never had tofu like this before!
What is a London broil marinade?
London broil is a method and preparation for cooking steak. It usually involves hours of marinating a cut of meat and finishing it in an oven broiler or outdoor grill. The meat is then thinly sliced across the grain and usually is served quite rare. You can eat it as a main or add it to sandwiches, just like roast beef.
But since I don’t eat a lot of beef I wanted to try to ‘London broil’ tofu. I figured if the marinade is good, it doesn’t matter if those flavors are imparted on a piece of beef, chicken or tofu. Good is good right? And I was right!
The tofu paired really nicely with the London broil marinade – it came out tasting a little smoky, sweet, acidic with strong notes of woody, evergreen rosemary.
I usually eat tofu with rice but this London broil marinade preparation goes better with quinoa or a nice big salad on the side – western style!
Here are some ideas for pairing this yummy tofu with London broil marinade: pickled cucumber, mango and onion salad, crunchy quinoa salad with peach dressing, edamame quinoa salad, or a detox cleanse salad.
Did you like this London broil tofu marinade? Are there changes you made that you would like to share? Share your tips and recommendations in the comments section below!Print
London Broil Tofu Marinade
This is a quick and delicious London Broil Marinade with tofu. This tangy and sweet marinade with fresh chopped rosemary gives tofu a western flair!
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: 2 people 1x
- Category: Sauces and marinades
- Method: Marinating
- Cuisine: British
- 16 ounces firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 stalks scallions (finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water
London broil marinade:
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 tablespoon rosemary (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Drain tofu and wrap in paper towel or tea towel to remove excess water. Slice into bite size cubes and put in a ziploc bag.
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl and pour half of the marinade in the ziploc bag. Lightly massage the tofu until all the pieces are evenly coated. Marinade for 30 minutes and drain.
- Add 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive in a pan over high heat and add tofu pieces. Fry on each side until golden brown – about 1 or 2 minutes per side.
- Lower the heat to medium and add remaining marinade. Stir cornstarch with water and slowly add to the pan. Stir until the sauce thickens (about 1 minute).
- Turn the heat off and transfer to a plate. Top with scallions and serve immediately.
This Tofu With London Broil Marinade Recipe Is:
High in calcium
High in manganese
High in selenium
Has no cholesterol
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 384
- Sugar: 11.1 g
- Sodium: 532.6 mg
- Fat: 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.6 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 21.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: recipe, healthy, seasoning