Kale and Crunchy Quinoa Salad with Peach Dressing
Crunchy quinoa has become my new go-to topping whenever I want to add a little glitz to my salads. I simply love the crunch and nuttiness it brings to greens, especially kale since it seems to offset the slight bitterness of the leaves.
This kale and crunchy quinoa salad recipe is very simple but the taste of the peach dressing is what gives it a little oomph. It’s bright, light, sweet, a little salty and yes, super healthy!
Salads can be a royal pain in the butt to make when there is a lot of chopping involved, so I have kept the list of ingredients to a minimum for this crunchy quinoa and kale salad.
I’ve used one peach mixed with apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, dijon mustard and olive oil to make the dressing, and one more for topping.
A few thin slices of red onions are then added for color and voila – the salad is ready to serve!
The dressing is creamy and almost tastes like French dressing but fruitier and healthier. The combination of all the ingredients marry so well and the result is a crunchy quinoa and kale salad that’s vibrant, clean and really summery.
Perfect for a backyard barbecue or to eat with a burger (have you tried this mushroom barley burger with sri racha mayo? Really yum!) or with a chilled gazpacho packed with vitamins! It’s also completely vegan and gluten-free.
You can add the dressing to the salad just before serving although I prefer to add it about an hour earlier to soften the kale. It will also keep in the fridge for a couple of days.
Crunchy Quinoa and Kale Salad with Peach Dressing
Bright, Clean and Tasty! This is Crunchy Quinoa and Kale Salad with Peach Dressing takes less than 20 minutes to make and is completely vegan and gluten-free. Health in a bowl!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Salads
- Cuisine: American
- 6 cups kale (ribs removed and chopped bite size)
- 1/2 small red onion (sliced into thin half moons)
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium peach (skin peeled and pitted, chopped bite size)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 large peach (skin peeled and pitted, roughly chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put all the ingredients for the dressing in a blender and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, add oil and when the oil is hot, add quinoa. Sautee the quinoa for 4-5 minutes, until it gets crispy. Turn the heat off, season with salt and transfer quinoa on paper towel. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the salad and toss well. Add peach dressing, season with salt and vinegar and toss until all the leaves are evenly coated. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 235
- Sugar: 12.2 g
- Sodium: 43.6 mg
- Fat: 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.6 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 2.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: recipe, side, appetizer, vegetarian, vegan