Detox Cleanse Salad Recipe
I came up with this detox cleanse salad recipe when I was in dire need of vegetables. It was one of those weeks when I let myself slip a little too much: I ate a slice of pizza here and some fries there and finished the week with a big slice of cake.
You know that awful feeling you get when you know you’ve eaten too much bad stuff? I was there and it needed to then and there!
I really enjoy this detox cleanse salad because it really does make me feel good.
The combination of fresh, crunchy vegetables, sweet apple and citrus vinaigrette tastes so healthy and delicious! The avocado is there to make the salad meatier so you don’t feel like going after something solid or starchy to fill you up after the meal.
I used the shredder attachment of my food processor to make this detox cleanse salad as it makes the whole process so fast and easy.
On the other hand, you can chop the veggies with a knife or use a grater (medium grate) if you don’t have access to one. You can also add other vegetables such as zucchini or celery, or make it peppery with some arugula leaves if you would like more versatility.
The servings are big for this detox cleanse salad recipe – It makes about four big bowls. So go ahead and cut the recipe in half if you think it’s too much! I personally like to make more of it so Ben and I can have some leftovers the next day.
A refreshing and delicious way to detox yourself! Bright and vegan Detox Cleanse Salad.
- 2 medium carrots (peeled)
- 6 ounces celeriac (peeled and roughly sliced into sticks (optional))
- 9 ounces cabbage (roughly chopped)
- 1 apple (cored, peeled and cut bite size)
- 1 avocado (sliced in half and pitted)
- 1 tablespoon shaved almonds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- Use the grate blade of your food processor (alternatively, you can finely chop all the vegetables by hand or with a grater).
- One by one, add carrots, celeriac and cabbage to the blender. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and the apples.
- Drop the almonds, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds.
- Add lemon juice, olive oil and maple syrup. Toss well to coat all the ingredients evenly and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut avocado in half and take out the pit. Serve the salad with avocado on the side.
This Detox Cleanse Salad Is:
Low in sodium
High in dietary fiber
Very high in vitamin A
Very high in vitamin B6
Very high in vitamin C
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 273
- Sugar: 18.1 g
- Sodium: 83.4 mg
- Fat: 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 34.8 g
- Fiber: 8.5 g
- Protein: 5.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: recipe, appetizer, side, lunch, vegetarian, gluten-free