A simple Chinese vegetable omelette with Maggi seasoning and topped with oyster sauce. This recipe is so yummy, it will become part of your weekly meal rotation!
Chinese Vegetable Omelette
This is one easy and delicious weekend recipe! Making a Chinese vegetable omelette only takes 15 minutes and can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
This Asian version is made using a little Maggi seasoning – one of the yummiest and most used sauces in our kitchen – and a mix of green onions, bean sprouts and carrots. It’s simple, healthy and so good!
I love adding a little broth or sauce to omelettes for the simple fact that they make the whole thing taste better. It’s a simple and easy way to bump up the flavors and get creative in the kitchen!
This Chinese vegetable omelette reminds me of dashi tamago yaki – one of my all time favorites.
Made with eggs, dashi broth, a little soy sauce and chopped green onions, it’s a very popular dish served in Japan and one we make at home all the time.
The idea behind both omelettes is the same; season the eggs with some form of umami packed ingredient, fill them with with veggies and top with even more umami. The result? Moist, fluffy, crunchy, savory, salty, pungent, bitter, spicy… The best.
I guarantee this is the most delectable egg dish you can make at home in under 15 – and one that also looks really pretty!
Other delicious and easy egg based dishes:
- Chawan mushi (steamed egg custard)
- Crustless edamame and sun dried tomato quiche
- Chicken egg foo young
- Spicy egg drop soup
- Hot and sour soup
Did you like this Chinese Vegetable Omelette Recipe? Are there changes you made that you would like to share? Share your tips and recommendations in the comments section below!Print
Chinese Vegetable Omelette
Chinese Vegetable Omelette – A simple Chinese vegetable omelette with Maggi seasoning and topped with oyster sauce. This recipe is so yummy, it will become part of your weekly meal rotation!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Side dish
- Cuisine: Chinese
- 6 large eggs (beaten)
- 1/2 teaspoon Maggi seasoning
- 3 green onions (sliced on the bias)
- 1/4 cup carrots (grated)
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and ground white pepper
- oyster sauce, sambal oelek or sriracha sauce (for dipping)
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, Maggi seasoning, green onions, carrots and bean sprouts. Season with a little salt and white pepper and set aside.
- In a large pan over medium heat, add oil and swirl to coat the pan evenly. Add egg and vegetable mixture and swirl to spread the mixture evenly. Cook for 3 minutes and lift the omelette as you tilt the pan, to let the uncooked mixture flow underneath, as evenly as possible.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes, until omelette is cooked through.
- Turn the heat off, transfer to a plate and top with a little oyster sauce, sambal oelek and/or sriracha sauce.
This Chinese Vegetable Omelette Is:
Low in sugar
High in phosphorus
High in riboflavin
Very high in selenium
Very high in vitamin A
High in vitamin B12
High in vitamin C
Keywords: recipe, appetizer, brunch