Chinese Scallion Omelette
A simple Chinese scallion omelette with Maggi seasoning and topped with oyster sauce.
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Frying pan
- Cuisine: Chinese
- 6 large eggs (beaten)
- 1/2 teaspoon Maggi seasoning
- 3 green onions (sliced on the bias)
- 1/4 cup carrots (grated)
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and ground white pepper
- oyster sauce, sambal oelek or sriracha sauce (for dipping)
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, Maggi seasoning, green onions, carrots and bean sprouts. Season with a little salt and white pepper and set aside.
- In a large pan over medium heat, add oil and swirl to coat the pan evenly. Add egg and vegetable mixture and swirl to spread the mixture evenly. Cook for 3 minutes and lift the omelette as you tilt the pan, to let the uncooked mixture flow underneath, as evenly as possible.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes, until omelette is cooked through.
- Turn the heat off, transfer to a plate and top with a little oyster sauce, sambal oelek and/or sriracha sauce.
Keywords: recipe, appetizer, brunch