Sweet potato and squash puree
I made this sweet potato and squash puree as a healthier alternative to heavy, buttery mashed potatoes for this Thanksgiving dinner, and was very pleased with the results! Light and fluffy, a little sweet and savory, it felt great to eat something I knew was good for my body and great for my skin. The chicken broth tones down the natural sweetness of these root vegetables, making this an excellent side dish for meats and pretty much anything else.
What the video on how to make Sweet potato squash puree:
Sweet potato squash puree
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Side
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 sweet potatoes (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 1 small small butternut squash (peeled and roughly chopped (about 1 pound))
- 1/4 cup chicken broth ((or vegetable broth))
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Boil the potatoes and squash for 20-30 minutes, until very tender.
- Drain and return them to the pot. Using a potato masher, lightly mash the potatoes and squash until almost creamy.
- Add olive oil and mix well. Slowly add the chicken broth while mixing, until desired taste.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.
- Calories: 147
- Saturated Fat: 1