Vietnamese pork chops with cucumber tomato salad
Vietnamese Pork Chops
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Vietnamese, Pork
- 1 thumb size ginger (peeled and grated)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1 lime (cut into wedges)
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 pork chops
- 1 medium size tomato (finely sliced)
- 1 English cucumber (finely sliced on the bias)
- 1/2 red onion (sliced into thin half moons)
- handful cilantro (leaves picked)
- long grain rice
- In a mixing bowl, whisk ginger, garlic, 2 tablespoons oil, juice of 1 lime and fish sauce. Pour marinade in a Ziploc bag or tupperware and add pork chops. Coat the pork chops evenly and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a pan on medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon oil and pork chops. Cook for a few minutes until pork chops are cooked through. Turn the heat off and transfer to a plate
- Serve with a few slices of tomatoes, cucumber and onion. Squeeze a little lime on and top with cilantro.
- Serve with rice.