This is an easy and healthy orange-ginger salmon marinade with sweet and bright flavors. And it only takes five minutes to prep!
Orange-Ginger Salmon Marinade
Marinating a simple piece of salmon can transform it into a glamorous, Michelin star worthy dish. It keeps the fish moist and infuses it with so many beautiful flavors – and the best part is it only takes five minutes to prep!
This salmon marinade is inspired by my Japanese soy-ginger salmon with leeks dish that I love very much.
The difference is the addition of sweetness to this particular salmon marinade. Honey and freshly squeezed orange juice add depth of flavor and aromatics that make it hard to resist. It’s seriously delicious!
I recommend marinating the salmon for two to three hours to ensure that the flavors fully permeate the flesh – but you can leave it for an hour if you don’t have a lot of time on your hands.
It won’t be as flavorful but the result will still be lovely, moist and yummy.
I like to cook and serve this orange-ginger salmon dish topped with thin orange slices. It’s strictly for esthetic purposes so you don’t have to do it if you don’t like the looks of it.
I also like to serve the salmon on a bed of baby spinach with cherry tomatoes on the side, for a healthy dinner. Plus, the wilted spinach pairs perfectly!
This orange-ginger salmon marinade will keep in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Other easy and yummy marinades:
- Vietnamese grilled shrimp marinade
- Beef yakitori marinade
- Lemon-ginger salmon marinade
- Black bean glazed salmon
- Miso marinated salmon
Did you like this Orange-Ginger Salmon Marinade Recipe? Are there changes you made that you would like to share? Share your tips and recommendations in the comments section below!Print
Orange-Ginger Salmon Marinade
This is an easy and healthy orange-ginger salmon marinade with bright citrus and sweet flavors. And it only takes five minutes to prep!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Total Time: 11 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Marinating
- Cuisine: Asian
- 1 pound boneless, skinless salmon fillet (sliced in half)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (peeled and minced)
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Put salmon and all the ingredients for the marinade in a Ziploc bag or tupperware and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Take salmon out of the bag along with 2 tablespoons of the marinade and cook in a pan over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately topped with fresh chives or scallions (optional).
This Orange-Ginger Salmon Marinade Is:
High in vitamin A
High in vitamin C
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 209
- Sugar: 5.7 g
- Sodium: 488.7 mg
- Fat: 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.2 g
- Fiber: 0.2 g
- Protein: 25.9 g
- Cholesterol: 57.9 mg
Keywords: fish, main dish