An unbelievably easy, chewy and peanut buttery no bake oatmeal cookies recipe you won’t be able to stop eating! Only 10 minutes to prep and healthier than you think. We love!
No Bake Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
I’m drooling just looking at these pics.
These are probably the best no bake cookies I have ever tasted! Fudgy, chewy and with a peanut butter-chocolate-banana flavor profile, these no bake oatmeal cookies were impossible to set aside for later! We had one cookie after lunch, one as a mid afternoon snack, another one as a late afternoon snack, two for dessert and a couple more as a late night snack. All gone – poof! – just like that.
Easy no bake oatmeal cookies that spell trouble because they take little time to make and taste phenomenal. Is that a good or a bad thing? I’m not sure but the good news is though they do contain sugar, these cookies are still relatively healthy – yay!
Only eight ingredients are needed to make these no bake oatmeal cookies: one banana, a tablespoon of vanilla sugar, some honey, natural peanut butter, 100% cocoa powder, almond milk, a pinch of salt and quick-cooking oatmeal. Simple!
Prep time is 10 minutes followed by a couple of hours of chilling time in the fridge to let the cookies set and harden. Whether you want to dress these no bake oatmeal cookies up with a chocolate chip in the center is up to you – I like to do half and half so I can have options (more chocolatey vs less).
You can do a lot of tweaking with this recipe too; you can add walnuts, sunflower seeds, ground flaxseed (turn them into no bake health bar style cookies!), dried fruits or white chocolate. You can also drizzle warm caramel or butterscotch on top or add colorful sugar sprinkles for the holiday season! These no bake oatmeal cookies will taste just as good, if not better by adding your own spin to them!
Other delicious and easy desserts:
- Coffee jelly
- Healthy no bake rice crispy treats
- Best apple turnovers
- Dark chocolate and green tea bread pudding
- Baked apples with walnuts and cider
Did you like this No Bake Oatmeal Cookies Recipe? Are there changes you made that you would like to share? Share your tips and recommendations in the comments section below!
No Bake Oatmeal Cookies (Healthier)
Easy, chewy and peanut buttery no bake oatmeal cookies recipe you won’t be able to stop eating! Only 10 minutes to prep and on the healthier side to boot!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 10 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter (125g)
- 1 small ripe banana (mashed, about 1/3 cup)
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 1/4 cup milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats (such as Quaker’s Old Fashioned Oats)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small pot over medium heat, add peanut butter and banana and stir until blended and smooth – about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients except chocolate chips and mix well until oatmeal is evenly coated.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoon of the mixture, shape into a round cookie and add to baking tray. Top with a chocolate chip in the center. Repeat until all the dough has been used.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Alternatively, you can freeze them for 30 minutes and refrigerate for another 45 minutes for a speedier process.
This No Bake Oatmeal Cookies Recipe Is:
Low in sodium
High in manganese
Recipe adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 197
- Sugar: 11.7 g
- Sodium: 103.2 mg
- Fat: 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 31.2 g
- Fiber: 4.6 g
- Protein: 3.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0.4 mg
Keywords: recipe, snack, vegetarian