Healthy Rice Crispy Treats
*This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclaimer here.
Rice Krispies treats were such a big hit in our house that my mother had to double, sometimes even triple the recipe if she wanted to have some left for later. It’s that irresistible combination of butter, gooey melted marshmallows and crispy rice cereal that makes this snack a favorite among so many of us!
The nutritional facts aren’t that bad either: One 30 gram serving of rice krispies square is 120 calories and contains 1.4 grams of fat.
This healthy rice crispy treat recipe is super simple – only five ingredients and no baking is needed.
How to make rice crispy treats has never been easier! Melt cashew butter with the vanilla extract and honey, pour it over the almonds and brown rice crisps and follow the same steps you would if you were making regular rice krispies treats!
The only difference is this healthy rice crispy treat recipe contains no saturated fats and is lower in calories, sugar and sodium.
What I particularly enjoy about this rice crispy treat recipe is the cashew butter. Nutty and creamy, it plays a big part in making these healthy square taste like decadent desserts. You don’t miss the marshmallows or buttery texture because it’s still there but in another form.
These healthy rice crispy squares make a wonderful snack or lunch box addition for kids, or something healthier to munch on whenever you get a bad sugar craving.
Like this healthy rice crispy treat recipe?
Did you like this Healthy Rice Crispy Treat Recipe? Are there changes you made that you would like to share? Share your tips and recommendations in the comments section below!Print
Healthy Rice Crispy Treat Recipe
Only 5 ingredients and no baking is needed! Make this Healthy Rice Crispy Treat Recipe for your kids or to satisfy your craving for sweets!
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 10 bars 1x
- Category: Desserts
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 3 cups brown crispy rice cereal (I’m using Nature’s Path crispy rice cereal)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashew butter (or any other type of peanut butter)
- 1/3 cup honey
- Put brown crispy rice cereal and sliced almonds in a bowl and mix with your fingers.
- Put vanilla extract, cashew butter and honey in a small pot and cook on low until cashew butter is soft and easily mixes with the other ingredients.
- Pour on top of the crispy rice cereal using a silicone spatula and mix well until all of the crispy rice and almonds are coated.
- Cover a small cookie tray with parchment paper and pour the rice crispy mixture on top. Press the mixture evenly into a rectangle (the rice should feel compact) and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut rice crispy treats into small squares and serve.
Store the rice crispy squares in an air tight container and refrigerate for up to 3-4 days.
Keywords: recipe, gluten-free, vegetarian, snack
Pickled Plum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.