Fennel apple orange salad
*This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclaimer here.
Fennel Apple Orange Salad
I love fennel, especially when it’s shaved and served with a citrus like orange, lemon or grapefruit. The combination of anise and citrus is so exquisite and refreshing! This is a simple and quick fennel orange apple salad perfect for hot summer days! With few ingredients needed, this salad takes no time to make and tastes even better after marinating for an hour or so before serving. Imagine yourself hanging out on a patio or a friend’s backyard, hot dogs and burgers cooking on the barbecue, drinking some iced tea while listening to music.. Or by yourself sitting on a balcony, enjoying the summer breeze with a good book, and a glass of wine..This salad is made for moments like these!
Low in fat and calories, this fennel apple orange salad makes a terrific late night snack for those watching their weight or following a weight loss program. Fennel is also a great source of vitamin C, potassium, fiber and antioxidant – a wonderful aid to flushing out toxins and repair damage caused by free radicals. The navel orange is sweet and marries beautifully with the green apple’s natural tartness. It’s easy to eat healthy food (fennel is sold in most supermarkets) when you can come up with yummy dishes like this one! People tend to associate healthy food with words like bland and boring. This salad is the exact opposite of that I promise!
Add a twist to this fennel apple orange salad by adding kalamata olives and crumbled feta cheese for a Mediterranean flair. Serve it with a beautiful piece of fish, shrimp (as a topping!) or a light and refreshing soup.
Fennel apple orange salad
Healthy fennel apple orange salad tossed in a light lemon vinaigrette. The perfect outdoor summer salad!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Salad, Appetizer
- Cuisine: Vegan, Vegetarian
- 1 bulb fennel
- 1 green apple (peeled and cored)
- 1 navel orange (peeled and segmented (keep the membrane))
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- handful flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- freshly ground black pepper
- Trim the fennel bulb, cut in half and slice into thin half moons.
- Thinly slice the green apple.
- In a mixing bowl, add the sliced fennel, green apple and orange segments.
- In another small mixing bowl, squeeze the excess orange juice from the membrane, add lemon juice, olive oil and salt. Stir well and add to the fennel salad. Add parsley and ground pepper, toss well and serve.
- Calories: 121
- Saturated Fat: 1
Pickled Plum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.