This easy detox crock pot vegetable soup is light and cleansing. It’s also tasty, low in calories and only takes 15 minutes to prep!
Detox Crock Pot Vegetable Soup
I’m offering you something lighter today! A little something to counteract those big holiday dinners we are about to have – a yummy detox crock pot vegetable soup. Instead of feeling pangs of guilt once January comes rolling in, how about balancing heavy and hearty dinners with lighter lunchtime interludes?
This way, your new year’s resolution list won’t include “lose 10 pounds” and will instead say “keep up the good work, I am so proud of you!”
You could easily make this soup in a regular cooking pot (follow the same instructions except for the cooking time, which will be shorter), but I’m really enjoying cooking without having to keep an eye on a flame these days. There’s nothing easier than to throw a bunch of veggies into a pot along with some broth and press Start.
I love it! I can go shopping, leave the soup completely unattended for a couple of hours and have it ready for me to eat upon my return.
Why I resisted cooking with a crock pot (mine is a rice cooker with slow cooker function) for so long is beyond my understanding. I guess I never realized how amazing these machines could be! Plus, it makes cooking healthy dishes that much easier because you don’t have to add any oil. Just a long, slow cooking process that keeps meats and vegetables juicy and flavorful. And I mean really flavorful, wow!
I made a big pot of detox crock pot vegetable soup last week and we ate it every night as an appetizer. I felt instantly lighter and thinner at the waist! But the best part is that this soup doesn’t feel particularly light despite being very low in calories and fat! Because of the chunky vegetables, it feels hearty and really comforting.
My advice on staying slim this holiday season? Double this crock pot vegetable soup recipe and freeze it in individual servings. Then, whenever you feel like you need a boost of nutrients or something to help you get back on track to eating healthy, pull one out of the freezer and enjoy!
Other light and cleansing recipes:
- Detox cleanse salad
- Skinny sugar snap pea soup
- Spaghetti squash yakisoba style
- Thai noodle soup in a cup
- Lemon chicken salad
Did you like this Detox Crock Pot Vegetable Soup Recipe? Are there changes you made that you would like to share? Share your tips and recommendations in the comments section below!Print
Detox Crock Pot Vegetable Soup
This easy detox Crock Pot vegetable soup is the perfect soup to make when you want something cleansing and lighter. It’s tasty, low in calories and only takes 15 minutes to prep!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 240 minutes
- Total Time: 255 minutes
- Yield: 6 people
- Category: Soups
- Method: Slow cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 medium onion (roughly chopped)
- 3-4 cups kale (roughly chopped)
- 2 medium carrots (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 1 large zucchini (roughly chopped)
- 1 1/2 cup green beans (chopped bite size)
- 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (or juice of 1 lemon juice)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put all the ingredients except for zucchini and balsamic vinegar in a Crock Pot or slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours (low for 7 hours).
- Add zucchini and cook for 1 hours.
- Add balsamic vinegar (or lemon juice), season with salt and pepper and serve.
This Detox Crock Pot Vegetable Soup will keep refrigerated for up to 4 days.
* Alternatively, you can make this crock pot vegetable soup in a pot over medium heat. Bring everything to boil, lower heat to a simmering boil and cover. Cook for 40-50 minutes.
Keywords: recipe, vegan, appetizer, gluten-free, vegetarian, weight loss, diet