Six ingredients for something this good and flavorful?
I knew right then and there this soup was going to become a favorite late night snack of mine and I’ve been hooked ever since.
To me, this cucumber soup is just as satisfying as eating a big bowl of ice cream minus the extra fat, sugar and calories. The sourness is what keeps me coming back for more and that cold and creamy texture gives the impression of decadence and comfort.
It’s truly a wonderful soup I can’t get enough of!
This recipe is also ideal for dieting if you need to loose a pound or two.
Whenever I feel a little thick around the waits, this is my go-to soup. It will make an appearance on my menu for a few days in a row along with other easy dishes like:
All these options are tasty and won’t make you feel like you’re missing out on good food. It will make dieting much more easy to cruise through!
Did you like this Chilled Cucumber Soup Recipe? Are there changes you made that you would like to share? Share your tips and recommendations in the comments section below!Print
Chilled Cucumber Soup
A yogurt based chilled cucumber soup with garlic and fresh dill.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Soups
- Method: Chopping
- Cuisine: Bulgarian
- 1 English cucumber (cut into small cubes)
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh dill (finely chopped)
- 2 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- chopped walnuts ((optional))
- lemon wedges ((optional))
- Put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl except the walnuts and lemon wedges and mix well.
- Add more water if you prefer thinner consistency.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled with walnuts and lemon wedges.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 213
- Sugar: 8.1 g
- Sodium: 1227.8 mg
- Fat: 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.6 g
- Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 16.5 g
- Cholesterol: 23.2 mg
Keywords: Appetizer, side