Crispy, creamy and pillowy avocado and cheese dumplings. So delicious you won’t be able to stop at just one and so easy, they only take 10 minutes to make!
Avocado And Cheese Dumplings
This is going to be a short post since my week has been incredibly busy and I need a nap. Despite my full schedule, I really wanted to post these yummy avocado and cheese dumplings because I didn’t want to deprive you of something so delicious!
Whenever I go to Japan I pick up a few cookbooks and recipe magazines to take home with me. What’s funny is that I don’t read Japanese very well. I can read hiragana, katakana and some kanji, but not enough to be able to read more than a few words at a time. Luckily, I have Google Translate on my phone so I can snap a pic, click translate, and sort of understand each recipe. The translation can be pretty bad at times but I can get by between that and my intermediate level Japanese. The process is slightly tedious but so worth it since the food in Japan is so Oh My Gosh amazing!
This recipe is stupid. I mean stupid easy. Okay, maybe not as easy as making toast but pretty darn close. The filling is made of mashed avocados mixed with mayo and shredded sharp cheddar cheese. That’s it. Slap these ingredients between two dumplings, seal and lightly fry until golden brown. Magic! Serve with sriracha sauce – it pairs so nicely it will make you sing out loud.
Other easy snack recipes:
- Shrimp gyoza
- Spicy tuna rolls
- Loaded nachos with kimchi and miso crema
- Breakfast asparagus, radish and ricotta toast
- Sweet vinegar peanuts
Did you like this Avocado And Cheese Dumplings Recipe? Are there changes you made that you would like to share? Share your tips and recommendations in the comments section below!Print
Avocado And Cheese Dumplings
Easy, crispy, creamy and pillowy avocado and cheese dumplings. So delicious you won’t be able to stop at just one! Ready in 10 minutes, gone in less!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 dumplings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Japanese
- 24 dumpling wrappers
- 1 avocado (peeled and pitted)
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise or Kewpie Japanese mayonnaise
- pinch of salt
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese or jack cheese (mozzarella cheese or pepper jack cheese)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- sriracha sauce (optional)
- Fill a small bowl with water and place it next to you.
- Put avocado in a bowl and mash with a fork. Add mayonnaise and salt and mix well.
- Place 12 dumpling wrappers on a flat surface and add 2 teaspoons of the avocado mixture in the center of each dumpling. Top with a little shredded cheese.
- Grab a dumpling that has filling and top with a dumpling sheet. Dip your index finger in water and wet the edges while gently pressing down to seal the dumpling. Repeat this step until all the dumplings are sealed.
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat and add vegetable oil. When the oil is hot, add dumplings making sure not to overcrowd the pan (you may need to do this in batches). Fry on each side until the skin is golden brown and transfer to a plate.
- Serve with sriracha sauce for dipping.
Keywords: recipe, snack