Zucchini Caprese Salad Recipe
Eating healthy snacks can be challenging if you’re not too keen on cooking. Take a trip to the supermarket and you’ll see shelves after shelves of low fat snacks loaded with empty calories. The problem with these is they leave you wanting more because they contain zero nutrients. Learning to cook quick, easy and healthy meals is important to keep a balanced diet, curb food cravings and avoid trips to the doctor. Eating healthy food is more than just about staying slim; it’s about living a long and happy life. It’s about fueling your body with tons of vitamins so you have plenty of energy to burn and accomplish all of your life’s goals.
Zucchini Caprese Salad
Very simple, light and extremely tasty, this zucchini Caprese salad will feel like the sister to Greek salads.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- 1 zucchini (chopped bite size)
- 1 large tomato (chopped bite size)
- 12 kalamata olives (pitted and halved)
- 1/2 small onion (sliced into half moons)
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella (chopped bite size)
- 8–12 leaves basil (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a large bowl, add zucchini, tomatoes, onions, olives and mozzarella. Toss well and set aside.
- In another bowl, add extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil and salt. Stir well until dressing has emulsified.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Adjust flavor by adding more salt or vinegar. Sprinkle fresh basil and serve cold.
- Calories: 336
- Saturated Fat: 10