Summer sweet corn is on the menu this week and I’m adding a twist by pairing it with a creamy and savory miso dressing. This is a very quick and simple recipe that will impress family and friends at your next cookout or as part of any festive summer celebration!
I’m using fat free evaporated milk as opposed to full fat cream to keep the healthy and natural aspect of fresh corn off the cob. This is a creamy yet very light side dish that isn’t overpowering in flavor.
The sweetness of the corn is at the forefront of this sweet corn recipe, while the miso rounds up the flavors and adds umami to those crunchy yellow kernels.
This sweet corn with creamy miso sauce recipe only takes 15 minutes to make from start to finish and requires minimal chopping and prepping. It’s the perfect holiday/long weekend recipe!
Did you like this corn salad with creamy miso dressing recipe? Are there changes you made that you would like to share? Share your tips and recommendations in the comments section below!Print
Corn Salad with Creamy Miso Dressing
Put a twist to those kernels with this sweet corn salad with creamy miso dressing recipe! A healthy recipe made with fat free evaporated milk instead of full fat cream which only takes 15 minutes to make from start to finish!
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Side
- Cuisine: Japanese
- 2 ears corn (kernels cut from the cob)
- 1 red bell pepper (seeded and diced)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup fat free evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1 stalk scallion (finely chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium size pot over medium heat, melt the butter and add red bell pepper and corn. Cook for 3 minutes while stirring often.
- Add miso paste and evaporated milk and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour while constantly stirring until the sauce thickens (about 1 minute). Turn the heat off and transfer sweet corn with miso sauce into a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper and top with cilantro and scallions. Serve warm.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 120
- Sugar: 4.7 g
- Sodium: 24.1 mg
- Fat: 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.9 g
- Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 3.2 g
- Cholesterol: 15.3 mg
Keywords: recipe, appetizer, barbecue, pot luck, summer