Niku Aspara Itame (stir fried beef with asparagus)
*This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclaimer here.
Niku Aspara Itame – Stir Fried Beef with Asparagus Recipe
This is a quick stir fried beef recipe I came up with when I had an excess of asparagus I needed to use before they expired. The jalapenos add subtle heat to this savory dish. It’s great served with a simple salad, a side of rice or even mashed potatoes or a healthy squash puree.
Niku Aspara Itame – stir fried beef with asparagus
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Beef
- 3/4 pound beef
- 16 stalks asparagus (ends trimmed and sliced into bite size pieces)
- 1 thumb size ginger (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 stalks scallions (finely chopped)
- 1 jalapeno (seeded and finely sliced)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- Chop your steak into thin slices (putting it in the freezer for about 20 minutes will make it easier to slice, once the steak is harder). Fill half of a small pan with water and a little salt. Bring it to boil and add the asparagus. Blanch for 3 minutes.
- Strain and leave in cold water (to stop the cooking process). In a large pan over medium/high heat, add oil, ginger and garlic. Fry for a minute or until you can smell the garlic. Add beef slices and fry until the meat is cooked through (couple of minutes). Add jalapenos and asparagus, cook for a minute, add soy and mirin, cook for a minute.
- Turn the heat off and serve with rice.
- Calories: 551
- Saturated Fat: 8
Pickled Plum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.