Beef and Potato Croquettes – Korokke
*This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclaimer here.
Beef and Potato Croquettes
Beef and potato croquettes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Japanese
- 2 large potatoes (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 300 grams ground beef
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 large egg
- panko breadcrumbs
- all purpose flour
- shredded cabbage
- tonkatsu sauce
- Bring a medium size pot of water to boil. Add potatoes and boil until they are cooked through. Drain and put them into a mixing bowl. Mash the potatoes and set aside.
- In a large pan on high heat, melt the butter then add onions and garlic. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, add ground beef and cook until beef is fully cooked. Add the beef mixture to the potatoes and mix well. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Heat up the oil to 340ºF.
- Meanwhile shape the mixture into balls, mine are usually about the size of my palm. Dust them in flour, dip in egg and coat with panko breadcrumbs. Fry until golden brown and crispy (be careful not to overcrowd the pot as this will decrease the oil temperature).
- Serve with tonkatsu sauce and shredded cabbage.
Pickled Plum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.