This ratatouille recipe takes no time prepare and looks beautiful! It’s also very healthy, vegetarian and gluten free.
Ratatouille is a very simple dish that pairs well with other French classics like hamburgers and buttery sauteed mushrooms. The ingredients for this are straight forward too; chopped zucchini, eggplant, onion and a couple of tomatoes, all thrown into a pot et voila! The olive oil will add a really subtle flavor and let the veggies shine. Ratatouille can be so comforting on a cold winter’s night or refreshing when served with a crisp glass of white wine (oh oui, like you’re somewhere in the south of France in a backyard, having great conversations with good friends). This is an even more simplified version of ratatouille; I don’t even bother boiling and peeling the tomato skins, they don’t disturb the dish at all.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Side
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Vegan
- 2 medium zucchini (roughly chopped)
- 1 large tomato (roughly chopped)
- 1 small eggplant (roughly chopped)
- 1 large onion (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a medium size pot, add 2 tbsp olive oil, garlic and onion. Cook for about 5 minutes, until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add eggplant and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and cook 3 minutes. Lower heat to a simmer, add the last 2 tbsp olive oil, stir, cover and cook for another 10-15 minutes, until zucchinis are tender but still a little firm.
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve.
- Calories: 196
- Saturated Fat: 2