All I have to say is thank goodness these kale chips are healthy because I haven’t been able to stop eating them! This is actually the second batch I have cooked since yesterday and it looks like I might have to cook another one after I am done writing this post. I’m addicted to this kale chips recipe and the best thing about it is that I feel no guilt! With only one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil used, this crispy snack is virtually fat free and very low in calories as well.
How To Make Baked Kale Chips Video
It’s also a lot cheaper to make kale chips at home than buying them in health food stores. The sad truth is eating healthy can end up costing a lot of money if you buy everything pre-made. A bag of kale chips in Brooklyn will cost you upwards of $10 – crazy expensive if you ask me! Especially now that I know how easy they are to make, paying that much money feels like highway robbery! Save your dollars for a nice bottle of wine and instead of buying kale chips, crank up your oven, break off a few leaves, toss them in a little oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and bake for 15 minutes. It’s really that simple!
Kale chips make a great late night snack because they are so light and satisfying. They are also gluten free and vegan friendly. Let the munching begin!Print
Learn how to make delicious and healthy kale chips seasoned with salt and vinegar.
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350Fº.
- Use a large baking tray and cover with a little cooking spray.
- Remove the ribs from the kale and tear the leaves into bite size pieces (about 2-3 inches) using a knife or your fingers.
- Put the leaves in a large mixing bowl, add olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper, and toss well with your fingers, until all the leaves are coated.
- Lay the leaves on baking tray and bake until crispy, about 13-15 minutes. Serve.
Store the kale chips in an airtight storage container or sealable plastic bag. They will keep for about 1 week.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 80
- Sugar: 0.7g
- Sodium: 633mg
- Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.9g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 3.2g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Baked kale chips