House Foods Tofu Shirataki Noodles Pad Thai
*This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclaimer here.
I am so happy to be working with House Foods on this sponsored post since I often use their products and have trusted the brand for years! You’ve seen how many tofu recipes I have on my blog and 99% of the time, House Foods is the brand I cook with.
For this specific post, I was asked to create a recipe using tofu shirataki noodles to celebrate National Soyfoods month (April). It’s a way to encourage people to incorporate more soy based products into their diets and discover how easy it is to cook with.
What I also like about House Foods is their whole line of Tofu products is made from 100% U.S. grown non-GMO soybeans, Gluten Free certified and Kosher too. We like!
For this recipe I wanted to show the versatility of soybean based products so I decided to make something most of us love and crave on a regular basis: pad thai!
I’m using House Foods tofu shirataki noodles (fettuccini type) because they are the closest to flat rice noodles. I also wanted to keep this dish low in sodium so I substituted the saltiness for acidity and added sri racha sauce for a little extra heat. The result is pretty close to the real thing!
You can also add chicken or tofu to this tofu shirataki noodles pad Thai recipe if you want it to be more filling. The noodles soften when they are cooked and take on a very similar texture to rice noodles.
The only difference is they do not absorb flavor as well as starchy noodles so I recommend letting your pad Thai sit for a couple of minutes before eating it.
This helps the flavors settle on to the tofu shirataki noodles.
There is so much you can do with House Foods tofu shirataki noodles and with summer arriving really soon, they make amazing cold noodle dishes! You can eat tofu shirataki noodles dipped in cold ponzu sauce (like my chilled ponzu noodles with avocado and peppers) or served as a substitute to pasta or udon noodles. I’m telling you, the options are endless with tofu shirataki noodles!
Before you run to the store or your kitchen to make this ah-ma-zing tofu shirataki noodles pad Thai, scroll down to enter House Foods Giveaway!
Three  lucky winners will receive:
House Foods assortment of products will include:
- 2 pkgs each of Tofu Shirataki noodles and traditional Shirataki (different types) = 10 total
- 4 packages of Organic Tofu (different firmness)
- 3 packages of Wok Me Up Tofu Starter and Sauce Kit (1 of each flavor)
The winners will also walk away with a tofuxpress – such an amazing little invention! The tofuxpress presses out the excess water from the tofu so you can make dishes that are much more flavorful. It’s perfect for baked tofu, fried tofu and is a great tool for marinating tofu! It works great in making macrobiotic pressed salads, paneer cheese, yogurt cheese, and Greek-style yogurt. The TofuXpress presses veggies too. The TofuXpress Gourmet Tofu Press and Food Press is the kitchen tool for the home chef and foodie that wants to eat more Green Protein TM, Plant protein, and leave a greener footprint!
Soy, found in House Foods Tofu and Tofu Shirataki, has no cholesterol, is low in saturated fat, and contains high quality plant-based protein. Not only is soy good for you, but it’s good for our Mother Earth too! It’s been proven more environmentally sustainable in its water use, land use and energy efficiency compared to other major protein sources.
Be sure to check the Terms and Conditions for this giveaway in the Rafflecopter widget below.
Please note: House Foods will be in charge of the shipping the winners these giveaway items directly.Print
House Foods Tofu Shirataki Pad Thai
This is a light, healthy and easy recipe for tofu shirataki noodles pad Thai. And it takes less than 20 minutes to make!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 2 people 1x
- Category: Noodles
- Cuisine: Thai
- 8 ounces fettuccini style shirataki noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 large shrimp (peeled)
- 1 large egg (whisked)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried shrimp (optional)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted peanuts
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 stalks scallions (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (roughly chopped)
- lime wedges for serving
- Drain the shirataki noodles and rinse under cold water for 30 seconds. Drain well and let them dry.
- In a large pan over high heat, add oil and garlic and fry for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the egg and stir quickly to scramble it.
- Add the shirataki noodles and stir well.
- Stir in lemon juice, fish sauce, sri racha sauce, rice vinegar and dried shrimp, and stir well. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add sprouts and half of the scallions and cook for 1 minute.
- Transfer on to a plate (or divide equally among two plates) and top with peanuts and cilantro. Serve with lime wedge.
Keywords: recipe, tofu, konjak, main
Pickled Plum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.