Chicken with Prosecco Sauce
“Prosecco time” is what my dear friend Kristjan and I refer to whenever we meet up for dinner and drinks. Since he lives in Toronto and I in Brooklyn, those meetings are unfortunately few and far between.
If we could have it our way, Prosecco time would be every weekend. But when it does happen, you can bet your bottom dollar it turns into a bubbly celebration! The last time we saw each other was a few months ago when he was in New York for business and I invited him over for dinner. I thought it would be fun to not only serve Prosecco in glasses, but to cook with it as well.
I made a rustic style chicken served with stir fried vegetables and a simple green salad. This dish screams Italy!
The sauce is made with butter, rosemary, onions, chicken stock and Prosecco. It’s cooked in a deep pan and left to briefly simmer until the onions are soft. Everything is then pureed into a thick, velvety sauce and poured on top of the chicken and vegetables.
So amazing that I have since made it on a regular basis – it’s part of our monthly meal rotation.
I like its dryness and the fact that it’s very easy to drink and cook with. VOVETI is a high quality, craft prosecco; only 15,000 cases are produced annually. And because of that, I am only using about a cup to cook with so there will be plenty left to sip on.
It’s a Prosecco to enjoy during and after a meal!
You can make this chicken with Prosecco sauce ahead of time. I recommend keeping the sauce separate until right before serving.
The mushrooms pick up the flavor of the sauce extremely well so if you wish to add more vegetables to this dish, up the amount of button mushrooms for a major flavor boost!
Did you like this Chicken With Prosecco Sauce Recipe? Are there changes you made that you would like to share? Share your tips and recommendations in the comments section below!Print
Chicken with Prosecco Onion Sauce
Yummy chicken with Prosecco sauce. Thick, velvety sauce tossed with chicken and vegetables for the most amazing Italian style dish! Addictive and so classy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 people
- Category: Main
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Italian
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 cloves garlic (roughly chopped)
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 cup VOVETI prosecco
- 1 pound boneless (skinless chicken breast)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 large zucchini (chopped into chunks)
- 1 large carrot (chopped into chunks)
- 1 cup button mushrooms
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a deep pan over high heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and butter. When the butter has melted, add chicken and sautee until cooked through. Set aside on a plate.
- Add garlic and onions, lower heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes, or until onions have softened and are translucent.
- Add Voveti prosecco, stir well to deglaze the bottom of the pan and bring to a boil. Add chicken, lower to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken and save on a plate. Add chicken stock and rosemary to the onion mixture and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove rosemary and transfer onion mixture to a blender, add remaining 2 tablespoons chicken stock and puree until smooth. Set aside.
- Meanwhile in another pan over high heat, add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, zucchini, carrots and mushrooms. Cook until vegetables are tender but still yield a little crunch (about 5-7 minutes). Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss well. Serve.
This Chicken With Prosecco Sauce Is:
Very high in niacin
High in phosphorus
High in selenium
High in vitamin A
Very high in vitamin B6
High in vitamin B12
Keywords: recipe, stew, white wine
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.