Asparagus Salad with Turkey Bacon and Catalan Vinaigrette
Vibrant green asparagus are in season and that makes me very happy!
I love cooking with asparagus because they make such delicious salads and soups and pair beautifully with clean and summery flavors. Whether they are grilled, blanched or baked in the oven, asparagus always seem to come out tasting just right.
For this asparagus salad, I’m using turkey bacon instead of regular bacon to keep the dish on the lighter side.
It’s then topped with a Catalan vinaigrette made of finely chopped sweet cherry tomatoes, shallots, capers, and whisked in a mixture of extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and white wine vinegar.
You can prepare all the ingredients in advance and keep them in the fridge separately until it’s time to serve.
This asparagus salad with bacon turkey takes less than 15 minutes from to make from start to finish and goes well with a piece of steak (with this amazing red wine sauce!), salmon or as a side to sandwiches or my favorite fennel and black olive ciabatta pizza!
Asparagus and Turkey Bacon Salad with Catalan Dressing
This chilled asparagus salad with catalan dressing feels so refreshing and cleansing! It’s also very easy to make and takes less than 15 minutes to make!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Total Time: 14 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound asparagus (trimmed)
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- 8–10 cherry tomatoes (finely chopped)
- In a bowl whisk oil and lemon juice until they’ve emulsified (about 20 seconds).
- Whisk in white wine vinegar and add the remaining ingredients for the dressing. Whisk and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water (big enough to hold the asparagus) with 1 tsp salt to boil. Add asparagus and boil for 4 minutes. Drain and shock in cold water. Drain again, place the asparagus on to a plate and pat dry.
- Pour dressing on top of the asparagus.
- Quarter the egg and place on top of the dressing. Serve cold
Keywords: recipe, side, appetizer