A perfect little market salad I make when I crave a hearty veggie plate but still want healthy. Roasting the asparagus along with the chickpeas add different textures while the tomatoes are simply sliced and left in their natural state. A sprinkle of feta cheese adds savoriness and the champagne vinaigrette delightfully complements this medley of vegetables. This roasted asparagus market is actually a favorite of mine that I make every week. I’ll double the recipe and eat it as a mid-afternoon snack.
Roasted asparagus market salad
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Vegan
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas (drained)
- 12 stalks asparagus (ends trimmed)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small potatoes (quartered)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 1/2 cup tomatoes (chopped)
- 6 leaves basil (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar ((or red wine vinegar))
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon or grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Boil potatoes until cooked, drain and set aside. In a sheet tray, lay aluminum foil and drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil. Add asparagus, quickly mix olive oil and sprinkle a little salt on top. Push the asparagus to one side and add chickpeas to the other. Put in the oven and cook for 8 minutes, until asparagus are sizzling. Take out of the oven and leave to cool.
- For the dressing, in a bowl, mix 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp champagne vinegar, salt, and 1/2 tsp dijon or grain mustard.
- Place 6 asparagus on each plate, add the chickpeas and top with the rest of the vegetables, basil and feta cheese. Finish with a drizzle of dressing and some freshly ground black pepper. Serve.
- Calories: 657
- Saturated Fat: 9