Jamie Oliver’s Vindaloo Curry
*This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclaimer here.
Vindaloo Curry (by Jamie Oliver)
Jamie Oliver’s Vindaloo curry
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main, Curry
- Cuisine: Indian
- 2 medium onions (finely chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1–2 red chili (finely chopped)
- 1 thumb size ginger (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 handful cilantro (chopped)
- 4 tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pat butter
- 1 3/4 pounds pork shoulder (chopped bite size)
- 1/2 cup vindaloo paste (such as Pataks)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 lemon
- Get a large casserole-type pan on medium to high heat and add a couple of lugs of peanut oil and the butter. Add the onions, garlic, chile, ginger, and cilantro stalks and cook for 10 minutes, until softened and golden. Ad the pork and the curry paste. Stir well to coat everything with the paste and season with salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, honey, and about 1 2/3 cups of water, enough to cover everything, and stir again.
- Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down and simmer for 45 minutes with the lid on. Check the curry regularly to make sure it’s not sticking to the pan, and add extra water if necessary. Only when the meat is tender and cooked, taste and season with salt and pepper – please season carefully.
Serve Curry With
- Serve vindaloo curry with rice or naan bread, with a few spoonfuls of natural yogurt dolloped on top. Sprinkle over the cilantro leaves and serve with some lemon wedges to squeeze over. If you prefer something less spicy, try this Thai ground pork in chili sauce (not spicy at all).
- Calories: 637
- Saturated Fat: 12
Pickled Plum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.