This a tangy, sweet and silky green goddess smoothie packed with nutrients that’s sure to make your skin glow!
This Green Goddess Smoothie post is sponsored by House Foods.
Green Goddess Smoothie
Creamy and silky green goddess smoothie – I love you.
I started venturing into the smoothie world about two years ago. The main reason was so that I could ingest my daily intake of fruit quickly and easily since I’m the type of person who goes for chocolate over apples and oranges 90% of the time.
I’m pretty healthy in general but my diet needed a boost in nutritious fruit benefits!
I bought myself a blender and experimented with different fruits, nuts, seeds, milk, yogurt, almond milk and other non dairy beverage combinations. I have to admit that I’ve since become obsessed with making smoothies.
Not only are they very good for your health, they are also really yummy and fun to make!
And to make things even better, I recently discovered that adding a little silken tofu to my smoothies makes them super creamy and smoother in texture. Though they retain the same level of nutrients, they taste much more decadent!
Up until now, I was used to eating tofu for dinner or as a side dish to Japanese or Chinese food. I never thought of adding it to smoothies and I certainly never thought it would taste this good mixed with spinach, banana and mango!
The health benefits of tofu (non-gmo such as House Foods Tofu) are pretty amazing:
- Helps prevent collagen breakdown, which keeps your skin looking firm and youthful.
- Is extremely high in micronutrients such as calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, C and zinc.
- Fiber and omega-3 and 6 fatty acids are also present in soy.
- Is said to help induce hair growth and strengthen them (by restoring the keratin).
- Helps with weight loss. Tofu is quite filling and low in fat and cholesterol. Adding a little to your diet every day can aid in shedding a few pounds.
I’m using House Foods Organic Silken Tofu for this green goddess smoothie. All of their products are non gmo and gluten free. Silken tofu is the softest type of of tofu – although it’s too soft to use for cooking (as it will break down as soon as you try to stir it), it’s perfect for smoothies and salads.
I’m using 3 ounces of silken tofu and blending it with kiwi, banana, turmeric, spinach, frozen mango and a little almond milk. The result is a green goddess smoothie that’s tart, sweet, creamy and extremely refreshing! One package of House Foods silken tofu will make about 4 smoothies. Make them ahead of time so your breakfast for most of the week will be ready to go!
Did you like this Green Goddess Smoothie Recipe? Are there changes you made that you would like to share? Share your tips and recommendations in the comments section below!Print
Green Goddess Smoothie
Tangy, sweet and silky, this green goddess smoothie will energize you from the first sip!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 smoothie 1x
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup chopped frozen mango
- 1 kiwi (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 3 ounces House Foods organic silken tofu
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
This green goddess smoothie will keep refrigerated for up to a day.
Keywords: recipe, vegan, plant based, healthy, shake, gluten-free