Dessert Pocky Sticks
What do you do when Glico USA mails you a box filled with Pocky sticks? You eat them straight out of the box – yes, that’s pretty obvious, but you also have fun with them! Ben and I have been working on a couple of video projects with Pocky to show viewers how to use Pocky sticks in fun and creative ways. It’s not just a chocolate covered stick, Pocky can be a blank canvas for so much more!
Since we already have a video demonstrating how to decorate Pocky sticks, this time we show you how to use them as decorations for cupcakes for a major wow effect. We also used donut holes (Munchkins) as heads, to create these impossibly adorable Pocky cats!
Click on the video below for a quick tutorial or scroll down to read the steps.
How to make Pocky Cats
- Pick up some donut holes and make a hole in the bottom of the donut with a chopstick.
- Insert a Pocky stick.
- Stick shaved almonds in the top for ears.
- Take a small bit of marzipan, mold into a small circle and affix it to the donut for the muzzle.
- Grab a chopstick or toothpick and draw the mouth using melted chocolate. You can either draw the eyes with the same melted chocolate or use sprinkles.
- Decorate the Pocky sticks with your favorite cake decorations and let them dry in the fridge for a few minutes before serving. This process ensures the sprinkles will firmly stick to the cats.
How to make strawberry cupcakes with strawberry Pocky straws
- Use vanilla or strawberry flavored cupcakes and ice them with vanilla frosting.
- Slice a strawberry starting at the tip and move down into the berry stopping just before reaching the cap. Don’t slice through the strawberry!
- Repeat the same step until you have four or five petals and fan them out using your fingers.
- Gently place the strawberry on top of the cupcake.
- Grab one strawberry flavored Pocky stick and break it in half.
- Push the sticks into the cupcake, one on each side of the strawberry. Serve.
How to make flashy deco Pocky cupcakes
- Instead of fresh fruit, cover your cupcakes with plenty of sprinkles.
- Grab two deco Pocky sticks (watch how to make deco Pocky sticks) and stick them in like rabbit ears.
- Put the cupcakes in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to cool and dry the frosting. This process ensures the sprinkles will firmly stick to the cupcakes.
As you can see, Pocky is not just a snack. What you do with it is limited only by your imagination. So have fun!