Japanese Coffee Jelly Recipe
This is a very easy dessert recipe you’ll love! Coffee jelly is such a simple dessert, yet so good and satisfying! The slight drizzle of cream makes this otherwise fat free dessert unctuous, and just sweet enough to satisfy a sugar craving. This also makes a great summertime dessert as it’s light and refreshing.
You can buy coffee jelly at Asian supermarkets but making them at home is so easy, there’s no need to ever buy pre-packaged ones again! This easy jelly dessert is made with leftover coffee, gelatin and a little sugar (which is optional). It’s jello for adults; jello coffee!Print
Simple, quick and extremely easy! This recipe tastes like store bought Japanese coffee jelly drizzled with cream.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Japanese
- 2 cups coffee
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- heavy cream or whipped cream (for topping (optional))
- Heat up the coffee until very hot, almost boiling. You can use any types of coffee for this, including iced coffee.
- Put the gelatin and sugar in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Pour 1/4 cup of coffee into the bowl and mix well, until sugar and gelatin have dissolved. Slowly pour the rest of the coffee, while constantly stirring.
- Pour the mixture into 4 small cups (or jello molds), cover with cling wrap, and refrigerate until the gelatin has set.
- Drizzle a little cream on top (or a dollop of whipped cream) and serve cold.
- Calories: 245
- Saturated Fat: 14