Sauteed Frisee and Oyster Mushroom Salad
Sauteing the frisee softens the crunch and brings flavors forward. A warm salad can be a great substitute and change from the classic cold summer salads. This pairs very nicely with fish and seafood!Print
Sauteed frisee and oyster mushroom salad
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Total Time: 14 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Frying pan
- Cuisine: French
- Diet: Vegan
- 3 cups frisee lettuce
- 1 cup oyster mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a pan over medium heat, add olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Pan fry for 1 minute, or until garlic becomes fragrant, and add the mushrooms and the frisee lettuce.
- Pan fry for 1 minute and take off the heat as soon as the frisee becomes slightly wilted.
- Transfer the salad to a serving plate and top with chopped shallot.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
- Calories: 283
- Saturated Fat: 2
Keywords: vegetarian, appetizer, side
A great idea. You show shallot in list of ingredients but you don’t say in your recipe where/how it is used? Can you clarify?
Hi Michel! I’m sorry about that, I have fixed the recipe and added the steps for the shallot 🙂
while the idea is great, I’m failing to see how the frisee is braised and not just sauteed.
How could I have missed such an obvious mistake! Thank you for letting me know, this was one of the first recipes I published, I clearly didn’t pay attention to the words used.
Thank you, I also love oyster mushrooms. All mushrooms for that matter!
What a beautiful salad! I absolutely love Oyster Mushrooms and a warm salad is perfect for the change of seasons. Thanks for sharing…