Bihon Pancit Recipe (Filipino)
This is a deliciously sweet and savory Filipino pancit recipe that’s easy to prepare and ready in less than 25 minutes!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Noodles
- Method: Stir frying
- Cuisine: Filipino
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast (sliced into bite size pieces)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 8 ounces pack bihon noodles, vermicelli noodles or rice noodles
- 1 1/2 cups mixed veggies such as carrots, cabbage and green beans, scallions, (chopped bite size)
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon wedges (optional)
- 2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a wok or a large pan over medium heat, add oil and chicken and cook until tender. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add garlic and onion and cook for 2 minutes. Add the cooked chicken and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Stir in the veggies and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until a little tender.
- Add all the ingredients for the pancit sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add rice noodles and stir until all the noodles are coated with the sauce. Keep on stirring and cooking until the noodles are tender (3-4 minutes).
- Add more stock (or water) if the dish is dry before the noodles are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper and more soy sauce if necessary. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Dark soy is usually thicker and sweeter in flavor. It adds a depth of flavor that regular soy sauce doesn’t have.
- Calories: 167
- Sugar: 2.4
- Sodium: 819
- Fat: 3.8
- Carbohydrates: 17.9
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 14.6
- Cholesterol: 32
Keywords: recipe, main, Asian, easy