Bihon Pancit Recipe (Filipino)
This is a deliciously sweet and savory Filipino pancit recipe that’s easy to prepare and ready in less than 25 minutes!
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Noodles
- Method: Stir frying
- Cuisine: Filipino
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast (sliced into bite size pieces)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 8 ounces pack bihon noodles, vermicelli noodles or rice noodles
- 1 1/2 cups mixed vegetables such as carrots, cabbage and green beans, scallions, (chopped bite size)
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon wedges (optional)
- 2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a wok or a large pan over medium heat, add oil and chicken and cook until tender. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add garlic and onion and cook for 2 minutes. Add the cooked chicken and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Stir in the veggies and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until a little tender.
- Add all the ingredients for the pancit sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add rice noodles and stir until all the noodles are coated with the sauce. Keep on stirring and cooking until the noodles are tender (3-4 minutes).
- Add more stock (or water) if the dish is dry before the noodles are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper and more soy sauce if necessary. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Got leftovers? Save this bihon pancit in an airtight storage container and refrigerate it for up to 3 days.
To warm up the leftovers, microwave with the lid on for 1-2 minutes.
Keywords: main, noodles, stir fry, easy dinner