Strawberry, Tomatillo and Watermelon Salad
This may be the most refreshing and thirst quenching summer salad you’ve ever had! And this watermelon salad only takes 10 minutes to make from start to finish!
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: None
- Cuisine: American
- 3 cups watermelon (rind and seeds removed, chopped bite size)
- 8 strawberries (hulled and chopped bite size)
- 1 cup tomatillos (chopped bite size)
- 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- 12 mint leaves (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- Put watermelon, strawberries, tomatillo and shallots in a bowl and gently toss.
- Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar and gently toss once more.
- Sprinkle black pepper and top with mint.
- Season with a little salt and serve immediately.
This strawberry, tomatillo and watermelon salad salad will keep refrigerated for up to 1 day.
Soak the sliced shallot in cold water for 10-15 minutes to remove some of the bitterness.
Keywords: recipe, side dish, fruit salad, barbecue, pot luck, appetizer, vegetarian, gluten-free