Thai Jungle Curry
This is a classic recipe for Thai Jungle Curry. A strong presence of peppercorns makes this curry hot and unique.
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Curry
- Cuisine: Thai
- 1 thumb size fresh ginger (cut into strips (julienned))
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 small carrots (peeled and cut into strips)
- 1 small zucchini (cut into strips)
- 20 green beans (cut in half lengthwise)
- 3/4 lb lean beef steak (cut into strips)
- 15 leaves basil (roughly chopped)
- 6 leaves kaffir lime (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pan over high heat, then add garlic, ginger and cook for two minutes.
- Add curry paste, stir well, cook for a minute and add beef strips. Cook for a few minutes (until beef has cooked through) and add water.
- Stir and add fish sauce, sugar and lime leaves. Stir well.
- Add vegetables and peppercorns, and cook for 3-4 minutes, until vegetables are softer but still crisp.
- Turn the heat off, add basil, stir and serve.
- Calories: 278
- Saturated Fat: 5